Friday, August 7, 2009

Laura (Paulsen) Howe

This is me (book jacket photo style)



This is my family


Here are my responses to the top 10:
1. I did get married. Tyler Howe. He has adorable curls. We have two boys: Talmage and Asher.
2. After my mission to Quebec, I've lived in Provo and Salt Lake. Oh, and a brief stint in Philadelphia.
3. I got a MA in Art History.
4. I teach art history and writing at BYU Salt Lake Center. I count motherhood as my intense volunteer work.
5. You can contact me on my blog: www.howethoughts.blogspot.com
6. Favorite memories? Walking through Damascus gate barefoot with Shawnee. Learning to sing alto. "Hello Norman." The guy dressed as a Christmas tree on Ben Yehuda St. Reading the New Testament in Galilee. Learning about the house of Israel, something that's become such a pillar of my testimony that I can't talk about it without obnoxiously waving my hands about. Being a Palestinian superhero for Halloween. Dangerous Defdaha. So very many.
7. I wish I had known . . . I don't really know. I'm just grateful for what I learned.
8. This one is actually pretty cool. Tyler's cousin is slated to teach at the JC in two years so we're planning on going there for our 9th anniversary. Now I can be as cool as the Doug and Becky and Jeremy and Amy. I'm excited to show Tyler the Wailing Wall, the Dome of the Rock, the Garden Tomb. Hopefully we'll make it up to Galilee.
9. I got to know amazing people. Very influential. And I'm grateful to have background knowledge that makes reading the scriptures easier. And I gained a testimony of reading the scriptures. All good things.
10. I'm not specifically goint to solicit money, but if you'd like to slip some cash under my door, I'm willing to look the other way.
Love to you all.

No comments: