Friday, August 29, 2008

Matt Orton


Greetings from the Pacific Northwest;

Thank you Angie and Shanda for putting this together. It is so good to hear from everyone and how you are doing. I miss our Jerusalem experience and those Sunday field trips.

After graduating BYU I was recruited to work for Boeing in Seattle, WA in procurement and I have never left since. I had never been to the Pacific Northwest before, but fell instantly in love with it. I love the fact that you can be at the beach along the ocean one minute and in a short drive you can be at the top of the mountains in pine trees and glaciers the next. Everyone is invited to come and visit at mro38@hotmail.com.

My wife and I had both already graduated from BYU and were working when we first met. I was in WA and she was working in SLC. I was able to convince her that WA was better than UT and we were married that next year in November 2002. We have since added Seth to our family who is a busy two year-old and we recently found out that # 2 will be joining us in March 2009. More photos are available at: http://allaboutortons.blogspot.com/

Jerusalem was such a defining moment for me. So many great memories. It is my goal to one day go back and visit with my wife.

Keep those posts coming and if anyone has some good Fall Jerusalem 99 photos they want to share, lets see those too.

Matt Orton

1 comment:

Angela said...

Matt it's great to see everything is going well for you and your family! I have to say I can't blame you for wanting to stay in the Northwest. We lived in Vancouver, WA for a short time while my husband was doing a flying internship with a company called Ameriflight, communting to Portland, OR. We liked it so much we wanted to stay too...but sigh, it wasn't right, jobs just wouldn't open up for us! We love where we are now though! Good luck on the new little one, and take care.