Saturday, September 27, 2008

Heidi Frazier Robinson



This is Heidi Frazier Robinson.  The last 10 years of my life have been great, and not at all what I expected them to be.

The summer after Jerusalem I went to Honduras with Brett Villinga and Joe Plicka as part of a Microcredit organization.  We worked most of our time there, but got to do some great scuba diving off one of the little islands and visit some of the ruins there.  When I came home I decided that I wanted to serve a mission and was called to the Brazil Ribeirao Preto mission.  I went back to BYU after my mission and spent the following 2 summers in Mozambique, a Portuguese speaking country in Africa, working with a Dutch nonprofit organization during the day, and taking classes at night in Mozambiquian literature, art and history.  I got to travel around to different countries in Africa and fell in love with each of them.  I saw some of the most beautiful places and had a hard time coming home. 

 I’ve had a bunch of interesting jobs since I graduated – working at a treatment center for women with eating disorders, teaching English in Taiwan, and working at a wilderness therapy program for at-risk youth.  That was an amazing experience – I worked there at the same time as Hailey Budge, my JC roommate, and I met my husband there.   Isaac and I have been married for 3 years and live in Gilbert Arizona.  I got my masters in Elementary Education and have been working as a 5th grade teacher here, until our son was born last year.  Right now I am staying at home with Eli and we’re hoping to move to the Pacific Northwest soon.  I’m excited for a Jerusalem reunion, I think about our experiences there all the time.  We have a blog at robinson3.blogspot.comwith more family pictures.

3 comments:

Angela said...

How exciting all of the things you've been able to do! Checked out the blog, love it! Your guys are pretty cute. I'm glad to hear you are doing well.

Julie said...

Heidi, I'm in AZ too! Check out my blog. You should be able to get to it by clicking on my name. Wow! Your travels sound amazing!

Heidi Robinson said...

We actually made our blog private, so if you would like to view it, email me at:
frazierheidi@yahoo.com