Sunday, September 28, 2008

Matt Hughes





I'll just give a quick run down of what I've been up to since 99'. After Jerusalem I went to Utah State and spent about 5 1/2 years there. I graduated a few years ago with a degree in history, and after graduating I moved back to Salt Lake to look for a job. I got a job working for the Church and a couple months after that I met my beautiful wife-to-be while interviewing her for a position. Fortunately for me she was offered the job and a couple months later we began dating. I married Ellie Wolf on May 10, 2006 in the Salt Lake Temple. Six months ago we had our first child, a sweet little girl named Claire. At the moment I'm still working for the Church and enjoying being a father. Being a father is the greatest thing I've ever done in my life and we're looking forward to having more children some day. I'm also looking forward to reconnecting with those of you I have lost contact with. I regret not keeping in touch with very many people from Jerusalem. I'd love to hear from any of you. My email is mibshughes.dontaddthispart@gmail.dontaddthispart.com (to email me remove the "dontaddthispart"s out of the address, I'm trying to avoid spam at all costs). Take care and I'll see you at the reunion! Shalom!


6 comments:

Angela said...

Your girls are beautiful. Glad here life has been going great for you!

Matt said...

Thanks Angela. Thats pretty sweet you guys did Whitney. I did it a couple times when I was in jr. high and high school. Its cool to say you've stood on the highest point in the continental United States!

Paul said...

Hey Matt,

I bet you had some fun tele adventures while you were at Utah State. I moved out to the Midwest a year ago and have really missed the mountains...and the desert; that's a beautiful picture. Congrats on the kid.

Katie Irion said...

Mibs-
I am so glad you posted! It was so fun to hear what you've been up to and see your beautiful wife and daughter. I am so glad you are so happy and well. Hope this reunion works out because I would love to meet both of them.
-Katie (Hutchison) Irion

Matt said...

Paul-
Yes, I definitely miss the backcountry skiing in Logan. Garden City Canyon is one of the most accessible places to ski and the snow there is always amazing. I know someone from Logan that you know. I was on Parker and Vanessa's blog the other day and saw a link to yours. How do you know those guys?

Katie-
Its great to hear from you! Its been a long time. When are you going to post something on the blog?! I'm tired of having my post at the top of the page! It sounds like everything is going well for you guys too. Thats good to hear. I hope the reunion works out too. It would be cool to meet this "Ricky" that I heard so much about over there. Talk to you soon!

Angela said...

Sorry it's taken so long to respond, I didn't realize...anyways, yes it was exhilarating to summit Mt. Whitney! I was inspired by so many I met on the trail. Thanks for responding!